Saturday, August 30, 2008

This week's CSA

Someone stole my camera. He's a very handsome someone, though, so I can't blame him too much. Plus I got it back, but not before I had put away the CSA produce for the week. Hopefully I'll be smart enough to take some pics while cooking this week. And in case my mother is reading this, mom, I'm not standing on my left foot. I'm propping it on a chair. I swear.

This week's CSA consisted of eggs, bread from the Breadery, the most gorgeous blood red heirloom tomatoes, zucchini and yellow squash (I got all baby sized), peaches, cantaloupe, bell peppers, thin japanese eggplant, a bunch of corn, and some lettuce.

The lettuce was salad-ized immediately, with some of the aged balsamic and the olive oil I bought in Seattle. The tomatoes were cut and stacked with some fresh mozzarella. The cantaloupe was decimated by yours truly. I'll let you know what we do with the rest.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds wonderful! I looked for a CSA to join early in the Spring but couldn't find one that had a pickup location close enough to where we live. I somehow looked over the one you belong to! We're definitely joining next year. I love fresh, local produce!

Nina said...

I think Shaw Farms is doing a late summer / fall CSA. I have no idea if it's full yet. It's on Harriet Tubman Lane. I did their regular CSA a few years ago and I enjoyed it. They have like no web presence. Their number is 410-531-9577. I know, that seems so retro :-) Can't hurt to call.