Saturday, August 30, 2008

Granville Public Market



My husband and I spent a good bit of time in Vancouver at Granville Public Market. We were enthralled over the weekend. We brought the younger set over the weekdays, when it was no where near as cool in terms of music / crowd, but I actually think cooler in terms of food available. Getting to the island requires either taking a taxi across the bridge then doubling back, or taking the ferry or aquabus across False Creek.



My husband was a big fan of the giant fish displays. I need to take him to Jessup at 5 a.m. one of these days. Then again, I prefer sleeping at 5!



On a weekend the market is a total party.

On our first visit, we got some lunch from the various food stalls in the center of the building, by the waterfront.


The Indian fast food from Curry2U was incredibly good. Here we have rice, naan, channa masala, and peas and potato curry.



Very tasty tuna rolls.






This is my husband staring intently and longingly at some sausages. Soon Oyama sausages went into his belly. And some awesome cheeses into mine. Apparently you can buy Oyama sausages over the internet and have them shipped. I may do this, if I want to be nice to him.



Mango ice cream!




Some sort of pink ice cream.


The Market was a lot of fun, one of my favorite places in Vancouver.

No comments: