Sunday, August 17, 2008

In the Pacifc Northwest

This blog has been spotty recently, not only because I'm terribly undisciplined at times, but because (1) I just took the Bar exam, and (2) I have a very broken foot. Two months ago we thought my toe was just hyperextended and foot sprained. I followed instructions with great diligence, but it still hurt. Went to a podiatrist - of course, it's very broken. Which means I'm in a walking cast and am really not supposed to be standing around and cooking. Thankfully Human # 1 and Human # 3 are excellent and helpful. Canine # 1 wants to help as well, however, she's not as helpful as she thinks she is being.

We decided to go on vacation anyway, the three of us and my husband's (and sister-in-law's, obviously) brother. This year, we decided on the Pacific Northwest, specifically Seattle and Vancouver. Since all the outdoorsy stuff I wanted to do is foreclosed upon thanks to my broken foot, gastronomy is the only pleasure for this trip. This isn't the usual focus of my blog, but I think I will post a bit about where and what I have eaten, with an emphasis on the local foods of the Pacific Northwest.

We arrived Friday night in Seattle, and had an amazing dinner at Shucker's. Amazing Washington oysters. We're going back, so I'll post more about them later. Now we're in Vancouver - got here via Quick Coach bus, with wi-fi! It's gorgeous here, and we had an awesome lunch and dinner. Lunch at the Salt Tasting Room and dinner at C Restaurant, each of which deserves its own post.

No comments: