Saturday, August 30, 2008

Etta's

We met the younger siblings at Etta's, near Pike Place Market, for dinner. I managed to get us lost on the way there. My poor husband. Wait, I have a broken foot! Poor me!

One funny thing - as usual I asked for a local wine recommendation. We had a bottle that, on the front label, purported to be from Washington. On the back label, the wine purported to use grapes from California, be made in California, and bottle in California.



The siblings claimed to be oystered out. As a good Maryland girl, I know that there's no such thing as too many oysters. So I started out with some.



Also we shared a shrimp cocktail. I think there was another starter, but we can't remember. Human # 1 tried to order the salmon belly tartare, but they were out. We have a strange white blurry picture. Human # 3 and I think it was some sort of halibut crudo, but the picture sucks and as we are sure it was very tasty, I'm not going to post it.



As a main course, I had the Etta’s Rub with Love wild king salmon, shiitake relish, cornbread pudding. Excellent!



For dessert Human # 3 and I both ordered the blueberry crisp. It was just way too sweet for me, I couldn't eat it. Human # 3 liked it, though, but due to its sweetness only managed about a third.




Human # 1 had a root beer creme brulee with a mini rootbeer float. He loves root beer. He also really liked this dessert.

Anyway, Etta's was pretty darn good, but I still preferred Matt's in the Market and Shucker's to Etta's. The price point at Etta's was pretty high, and they did deliver, but I guess I'm spoiled and I preferred the seafood at Shucker's and the local market produce at Matt's. Had we done Etta's first, then Matt's and Shucker's, I think it would have rated much higher.

Etta's Seafood on Urbanspoon

No comments: