Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Work

I haven't been very good at cooking, let alone blogging about cooking, recently. I blame my job. I like my job. But I'm still adjusting. I've thrown things in crock pots, scrounged around, Whole Foods-ed it, gone out, and haven't been around much.

Plus the foot saga goes on. I finally got a bone stimulator this week. It likely will take two more months to heal. Which sort of sucks, but there's not all I can do about it. The stim unfortunately means I can't really walk or stand during the few waking hours I'm at home.

However, I am indeed getting a CSA shipment tomorrow, so hopefully I'll be back.

3 comments:

HowChow said...

Hope you feel better. Post about coffee shops because you can do it all by memory! I touted your opinion about Orinoco on HowChow, and I'm waiting for the comprehensive report.

http://howchow.blogspot.com/2008/09/orinoco-coffee-house-in-columbia.html

Sheri said...

Hi, sorry to hear about your foot! Could you please spell out the "CSA" acronym once, tho?? I still keep reading "Confederate States of America" when I see it, and am mystified!! Thanks!

Nina said...

Oh no! Totally not the Confederate States of America!! It's Community Supported Agriculture.

Here's more info about it:
http://www.localharvest.org/csa/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Community-supported_agriculture

It's totally awesome, but can also be totally overwhelming. Also doesn't work if you don't like getting big bunches of the same stuff at once - for a couple week all beans (and I really don't like string beans), and another few all corn and tomatoes (which I love). It's a trade off.