Monday, September 1, 2008

Ray's Boathouse

We met a good friend of mine from college, JW, and his girlfriend, JT, for dinner. And by met, I mean that they picked us up and picked an awesome restaurant. Damn, I love my friends. And his girlfriend is lovely, smart, very pretty, and has a wicked sense of humor. To be fair, I usually like my friend's significant others (though there have been some, ahem, exceptions). I almost think as a post-college young professional there are few other ways to make new friends - though my friends have dated or married in some pretty cool people.

Back to the food. Didn't bring a camera, but here's a link. The restaurant itself was gorgeous. We had a table right on the water. Actually, I nearly got seasick looking down. A couple police boats sirened around that night.

We shared the shishole sampler, which consisted of Dungeness crab, manila clams, scallops, prawns, and alaskan king crab.

JW, my husband, and I all had the sampler for a main course. The sampler had a piece of grilled Columbia River chinook salmon, with local mashed potatoes, green beans, and a nectarine sauce. Next, it had a piece of Chatham Strait sable fish cooked with sake, with choy sum, jasmine rice, radish sprouts, honey soy, and scallion oil. Finally, the sampler had a piece of grilled Alaskan halibut with some kale. The salmon and halibut were amazing. I didn't really care for the sable fish, but I think I just didn't like sable fish. JT had Alaskan King crab legs. They were huge. Gorgeous. Pre-cracked with some cool tools. Served with green beans.

Almost everything on the menu was very local, and the location of most of the food was noted on the menu. The location was beyond beautiful.

Ray's Boathouse on Urbanspoon

No comments: