Saturday, September 27, 2008

This week's CSA

CSA = Community Supported Agriculture. I basically get a share of something, whatever the farm or its partners feels like, a week. It can be great, it can be exciting, it can be disappointing, but for us it's worth it.

Actually, Human # 3 is now doing pick up, so the posts are going to be even more sporadic than before. Here's what we got in the CSA this week:




Peaches, pattypan squash, pears, tomatoes, lettuce, red peppers, cauliflower, and white eggplant. Hardly visible is bread from the Breadery.

The peaches will be eaten out of hand by the humans who don't itch when they eat peaches. The patty pan squash will be cut in half and stuffed with tomatoes and breadcrumbs. Pears will be poached in whatever I feel like drinking a glass of that night. Tomatoes will be stuffed into the squash. Lettuce will be made into salad. Red peppers will be sliced and taken by Human # 1 in lunches. Cauliflower will be made into soup. The white eggplant will be made into eggplant parm - honestly, I would never suggest doing this with white eggplant, but I'm too lazy to do anything else.

My camera is officially broken, so these are from my blackberry instead. Anyone have recommendations for a good digital camera?

1 comment:

J McEntire said...

It's great to see someone writing about the csa they are in. We have just started a csa program for the Abilene Texas area and waiting and praying for people who are excited about it. I would be interested in hearing about things you like or don't like so I might be able to do a better job for my customers.
http://detourranch.com