Thursday, June 19, 2008

This week's CSA

My friend and I joined a local CSA - ours is Breezy Willow Farm in Howard County. We joined totally last minute - the saga of the joining and our friend who ditched the project is long and pretty boring. No experience with this CSA, but I'm psyched for something different - and one thing I very much like is that they don't pre-pack (and pre-squish) the coolers.

Here's this week's take:



That is, kale, salad greens, beets (with their delicious greens), red potatoes, broccoli, eggs (I love the cool colors), squash, and green beans. In the back there is some cranberry pecan bread from the Breadery, and there were some blueberries not shown.

2 comments:

Jessie Newburn said...

Congrats on your new blog. I just picked a bowl of salad greens from our garden for tonight's dinner. Nothing like fresh greens! I look forward to reading more about your CSA foods. I've yet to join one. The fresh eggs sounds like a good enough reason.

Nina said...

The fresh eggs are so enough reason to join a CSA. And the surprises!