Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Cupcakes!


Photo: Chocolate cupcakes with chocolate ganache icing and rainbow sprinkles - made by ChaseKBH with a little help from the grownups.
The three year old likes chocolate cupcakes.  And sprinkles.  Especially rainbow sprinkles.  I'm not really one for boxed mixes - mostly because I'm too cheap with money and storage space.  However, I'm also pretty lazy and love easy recipes.  Hands down best easy chocolate cake recipe ever is from the back of the Hershey's tin.     I prefer other cocoas, but I'll use that recipe (and the cocoa if I'm in a pinch) and have cupcakes in less than half an hour.  For the frosting, however, I made ganache - simply a cup of heavy cream, scalded, and a bag of 60% cacoa Ghiradelli chocolate chips melted and whisked into the hot cream then slightly cooled.  ChaseKBH was able to dunk the cupcakes into the ganache to easily frost them, then add the rainbow sprinkles.  Now, my floor has little multicolored balls ground into it, but what's a little floor damage in the grand scheme of creating a young baker?

No comments: