Tuesday, October 14, 2008

This week's CSA

It's well after midnight, so I'm going to have this post tomorrow. I'm at least drinking a nice glass of wine, while holding my foot at an odd angle so this contraption can do its magic. So I figured I'd update.



This week's CSA share included carrots, green peppers, pears, broccoli, onions, potatoes, apples, delicata squash, and brussel sprouts.

I've already done up a lot of this. Most went into the freezer. The delicata squash was cracked open, stuffed, baked, and frozen for a night when some warmth will be appreciated. Many of the potatoes were oven roasted then frozen for the same reason. Carrots became brandied carrots, for the freezer. The sprouts were chopped in half, pulled apart, cooked with indian spices, then frozen. The bell pepper were cut for Human # 1's lunch, and gave me a massive allergy attack.

I feel bad about all this freezing (Gordon Ramsay's always going off about it on Kitchen Nightmares). But I'm a lousy homemaker.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an awesome CSA week! Everything looks fantastic!